Great Lakes Drone Company LLC uses specialized UAVs fitted with an array of sensors to inspect assets while they’re in operation. This saves our customers millions in turnaround costs and protects them from the huge liability of conventional manned inspections.
We’re looking for skilled UAV/drone pilots to fly inspections at various customer sites throughout the Great Lakes Region. You’ll work with other crew members in the field who will help guide the inspection process. Your responsibility will be to fly the UAV inspections using various multirotor aircraft, consulting with team members to gather the necessary data while adhering to strict onsite safety protocols.
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact in a new company, in an industry that’s growing fast. You’ll have a voice in creating the innovations we produce and the processes we follow. We’re looking for pilots who are passionate about UAV/drone technology and looking for a valuable channel for their enthusiasm. People who are excited about being out in the field, flying top of the line drones and solving interesting problems.
- Assist with the setup of inspection hardware & software onsite
- Provide site-specific technical insight and flight plans as needed for inspection planning with customers and crew
- Carry out industrial inspections by piloting various UAVs/drones in coordination with crew members
- Inspect, maintain and account for UAVs and accompanying equipment to ensure good fleet condition
Education and Experience Requirements
- Must have a Remote Pilot Certificate validated by the FAA 14CFR Part 107
- Must have at least 2 years of UAV/drone flight experience
- Demonstrable piloting ability with various drones
- Ability to excel through uncertainty, ambiguity and a high level of agency
- Team-building mentality
Job Type: Contract
- High School Diploma
Required license or certification:
- Remote Pilot Certificate
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org